Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Renewing Your Mind, Day 3

Today's guest post is by Marie of @spreadingjoy http://www.spreading-joy.org

Many Christians get so busy in service that we tend to forget the very wise instruction that we receive from Jesus in Mark 6:31 to get alone and rest. This isn’t just for the physical rest that we need; it is also for renewal and refreshment of our heart, body, soul and mind.

There are so many things that we can do to simply renew our minds, but my heart loves to quietly sit and dwell on the goodness of the Lord. I love doing this anywhere, but every single chance I get; I go to the ocean to renew.

There I can get a tiny picture of just how great our God is and dwell on how much He loves me. I will sit for hours and gaze at the vastness of it all and allow my mind to simply dwell on the blessings that I’ve been given. I try to keep all negative items out and ponder on the majesty that surrounds me.

We are sometimes "guilted" into thinking that we are simply wasting time, but this is not true. Some kind of daily renewal is needed. Staying in the Word of God, singing praises and giving thanks are all wonderful ways to renew the mind, refresh the heart and recharge the spirit…especially if it has been trampled on in recent days.

This is simple and effective – don’t let guilt keep you from renewing yourself daily.

Follow Marie on twitter and "join" her blogsite. She has a great and needed ministry.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment